Pet Decor Your Home Needs
Pets are our best friends. There’s no denying that! However, they’re not always easy to live with. From finding a strategic place for their water dish to finding pet-friendly upholstery, designing space for dogs and cats is often a factor for us when designing a home. We’ve noticed that there are a few must-haves for every pet owner when planning a space.
- Make their bed blend with your décor. For most pets, their favorite place to spend the day is their bed! Rather than hiding that old, ugly bed in the corner, look for a more stylish option that blends with your décor. There are now many online shops that sell pet furniture that fits into modern, traditional, or even boho styles.
- Strategically store food. When meeting with clients who have pets, I notice that many times their pet’s food is sitting right out in a walkway or entrance. No one likes to trip over dishes! Instead, try storing your pet’s bowls beneath a kitchen island or tuck them away in an cabinet if you aren’t free-feeding. You can also consider moving their food to a less-used room, such as the laundry room or guest bedroom.
- Have a designated area for leashes, etc. How often do you find yourself hunting for your best friend’s leash? Create a designated space for leashes, baggies, and dog park toys right next to the entrance. You can try using decorative hooks or baskets.
- Look for pet-friendly rugs. Rugs are such an important investment for a home, and there are many options for animal lovers. Look for short cut-pile carpets that are easy to clean or a natural fiber rug.,
- Keep toys out of sight. As much as we love our furry friends, dog bones and bright cat toys can be an eye sore! Try using decorative baskets with lids to store all of your pet’s toys.
- Find a fashionable litter box. Litter boxes are a necessity for any cat, but they can easily cramp your style. Try stowing away your litter box in a more modern housing option. Your guests won’t even notice it’s a litter box!
We love this litter box from Curio-Craft
- Make bath time easier. During your next remodel, consider adding an indoor tub to your laundry room or garage. You can also create an outdoor washing station by adding a small patio and hose to the side of the house.
Are you ready to redesign your home for your family and pets? We can help you choose the best pet-friendly fabrics and furniture. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.