Whether you prefer rustic wood planks, classic subway tile, or patterned wallpaper, a backsplash can provide your bathroom with the perfect protection and serve as a decorative element. Here are our top five tips to help you find the perfect style for your bathroom backsplash:
1. Complex or colorful backsplashes look best with solid countertops. So if your counters are somewhat simple, utilize unique patterns or multiple colors to make the room more appealing!
2. To save money, use more expensive glass or handmade ceramic tiles as accents for a backsplash of less expensive tiles. You’ll still have a memorable look but at a fraction of the cost.
3. If your room feels smaller, wrapping the backsplash around the entire room can help to make the space feel larger while adding a sense of continuity.
4. Make sure to try laying out your backsplash on the wall before officially installing. That way you can discover if you’re going to have awkward gaps between the backsplash and the wall and fix it before it’s too late.
5. If you decide to create a wood backsplash, try to match your backsplash to your wood floors for a very cohesive look. You can also find great backsplashes created from rustic antique flooring or pine paneling.
No matter what type of backsplash you decide to install, this little piece of decoration can add color and personality to an entire room.